Date(s) - 09/16/2013 - 09/18/2013
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Monday Sep 16th – Wednesday Sep 18th in Anchorage, AK
**Newly Revised**Designed for adults that interact or mentor “High Risk” Native youth. We discuss and explain why they really are “High Risk”, how to identify it earlier and what can be done to address this issue and begin resolving it in your community.
Skills To Gain
- Learn effective strategies for helping High Risk Kids
- Understand why kids become so angry and self destructive
- Approaches to help youth break the negative cycles
- Communicate with more effectiveness and empathy
- Identify why some programs work and others do not
- Confirm, with science and logic, why traditions and culture matter
- 18 Work Hour Certificate Issued Upon Completion
A culturally sensitive 3 day workshop built on the idea that “it takes a village to raise a child”. Working with the research done by the Child Trauma Academy* and Dr. Bruce Perry*, we identify who are High Risk Kids and address how unresolved historical and generational issues are impacting them. Also discover what we can all do to help them truly find hope for their future. Our training approach is positive, hands on, action-oriented, interactive, practical and challenging.
You can begin using the ideas, concepts and actions shared at this workshop immediately and will notice changes in behavior in your community right away.
For those struggling financially, a limited number of public workshop scholarships may be available. Please contact us for details.
Pre-Register below by Sep. 6th
- “How do I get everyone in my family to attend?”
- “Everyone who is a parent or works with kids should attend this workshop”
- “Why couldn’t my parents have taken this training”
- “I finally know how to get through and make a difference”
- “This workshop helped me more than I ever thought it would”
- “I wish I would have done this training several years ago”
- “Life Changing”
- “Now I know why some activities for youth work and others don’t”
- ” I really feel like now I can help these kids in my community!”
Would you like to book a workshop? Do you need more information? Fill out this form and someone will contact you shortly
Courtyard by Marriott Anchorage Airport
4901 Spenard Rd,
Anchorage, AK, 99517
- What time is the public workshop? The workshop will being at 8:30 am and end at 4:00 pm on day 1 and 2, with a 1 hour lunch break provided. On day 3 the workshop will end around 1 pm to allow participates to catch outbound flights.
- Is food provided? A light breakfast will be provided all 3 days. Light snacks after lunch will be provided on days 1 and 2
- Can I attend partial days? While we will not make you stay, this workshop is best when ones attends all 3 days. There is not a discount for partial attendance.
- Will I receive a certificate for attendance? Yes you will be given a certificate upon completion of the workshop for 18 credit hours.
- Where is the workshop being held? The location of the workshop will be emailed to you upon registration of the workshop
- When is payment due? Payment is due by the first day of the workshop
- What forms of payment do you accept? Recovery Foundation is able to accept cash, check, major credit card, purchase orders
- Who do we make checks payable to? Recovery Foundation of the Southwest
- Are scholarships available? Generally, yes. Please fill out a scholarship request form and we will contact you as soon as possible with the status of the scholarship
- What does the scholarship cover? While they cover the cost of the workshop, they do not cover travel, food or lodging. Most scholarship recipients must still cover the cost of the workbook and food at the workshop, generally $49.
By registering for this workshop, you agree to the Recovery Foundation Terms of Service, current TOS can be found here.
*While much of the information and research used for this workshop is done under the permission of the Child Trauma Academy and/or Dr. Bruce Perry, Recovery Foundation is not affiliated with the Child Trauma Academy and/or Dr. Bruce Perry.
Payment due by the 1st day of the workshop.
Bookings are closed for this workshop.