Date(s) - 02/27/2013 - 03/01/2013
Radisson Airport-Salt Lake City, UT
Wednesday February 27th -Friday March 1st in Salt Lake City, UT
Designed for adults that interact or mentor “High Risk” Native youth. Using various methods we discover permanent solutions to aid youth in finding their true value and worth.
Skills To Gain
- How the brain handles trauma at various ages
- Learn effective strategies for dealing with High Risk Kids who live on or near the reservation
- Understand why kids become so angry, self destructive and emotionally out of control
- Approaches to help youth break the negative cycles
- Communicate with greater effectiveness and empathy
- Find out what we might already know that can help now more than ever
A culturally sensitive 3 day workshop built on the idea that “it takes a village to raise a child”. Connecting the work on what trauma at a young age does to the brain by Dr. Bruce Perry with current issues our Native youth face today, we discuss how to address unresolved historical and generational issues impacting High Risk Kids and what we can all do to help them find hope for their future. Our training approach is positive, hands on, action-oriented, interactive, practical and challenging.
Who should attend?
- Social Workers
- Suicide Prevention Teams
- Foster Parents
For lodging needs, we recommend staying at the Radison Airport Inn. Rooms can be book there by clicking here. To book a room at the Radison Airport and receive the discounted government rate, contact the Shirley LeGrand directly at the hotel. 801-364-5800 ext. 7409
- What time is the public workshop? The workshop will being at 8:30 am and end at 4:00 pm on day 1 and 2, with a 1 hour lunch break provided. On day 3 the workshop will end around 1 pm to allow participates to change outboard flights.
- Is food provided? A continental breakfast will be provided all 3 days. Light snacks after lunch will be provided on days 1 and 2
- Do I have to stay at the Radisson Airport Inn? No. However they do provide an airport shuttle. If you choose to stay at a different airport, you will be required to find transportation to and from the workshop.
- Can I attend partial days? While we will not make you stay, this workshop is best when ones attends all 3 days. There is not a discount for partial attendance.
- Will I receive a certificate for attendance? Yes you will mailed a certificate upon completion of the workshop, however this will only be a certificate of completion, not a certification to teach the material.
By registering for this workshop, you agree to the Recovery Foundation Terms of Service, current TOS can be found here. Time, location and date may be subject to change.
Payment is due on the first day of the workshop. We accept Cash, Check and Credit Card. Let us know if you will need an invoice prior to the workshop.
Bookings are closed for this workshop.